Lets see how to create an instance using db2icrt
- On Linux or UNIX, you must have root user authority.
- On Windows, you must be logged on as a Local Administrator.
- And create the user/set the password/update expire date i.e. instance we are going to creat
#15 10 27 7
add the values to crontab
edit to cron =crontab -e and list crontab -l
00 19 * * * /script location dbname 2>&1
* * * * * command to be executed
- - - - -
| | | | |
| | | | +----- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)
| | | +------- month (1 - 12)
| | +--------- day of month (1
6.2 Failover from the Primary to the Standby Database (Disaster Recovery)
Perform following tasks to do failover:
1. Identify and resolve any archivelog gaps. On the standby database server, execute the following statement:
SQL> select * from v$archive_gap;
no rows selected
If this query returns any rows, copy the archivelogs file to the primary site and check whether is is applied
SQL0965C The transaction log for the database is full
1. Increase primary and secondary logs i.e.
In V9 - logprimary + logsecond=256
In V8 - logprimary + logsecond=250
db2 update db cfg for sample using logprimary X
db2 update db cfg for sample using logsecond X
2. Look for the query that is running, try modifying it by using where condition
3. Issue frequent c
Query Coding General Guidelines:
LINE1: SELECT ISPFOLIO.ISACCOUNTNO, ISPFOLIO.FUNDCODE, FUND.NAME, ISCUST.ISACCOUNTNAME
LINE2: FROM ISPFOLIO, ISCUST, FUND
LINE3: WHERE ----
LINE4: AND BRANCHCODE = ‘020’
DB2 UDB provides an utility to test the integrity of backup image and to determine whether or not the image can be restored. For details about options, run db2ckbkp with no arguments.
1. Displays media header information including the name and path of the image expected by the restore utility.
2. We could also find out that the backup image i
Prior to DB2 9.5, on UNIX and Linux environments with the help of the ps system command or the db2_local_ps command, you were able to list all active DB2 EDUs. However, in DB2 9.5 those commands no longer list any EDU (Engine dispatchable units are responsible for performing various tasks such as processing database application requests) threads within the db2sysc process. Almost all operat