The database buffer pool area is a piece of memory used to cache a table's index and data pages as they are being read from disk to be scanned or modified. The buffer pool area helps to improve db system performance by allowing data to be accessed from memory instead of from disk. Because memory access is much faster than disk access, the less often that DB2 needs to read from or write to a di
1. To list the instances that exist on a server, use the command
2. Instance migration is required if you decide to move up to a newer version of the DB2 software than is installed on your server, or if an instance is to be migrated from a 32-bit to a 64-bit instance.
On Windows, instance migration is done implicitly during the necessary migrat
Table spaces are used to control where data is physically stored and to provide a layer of indication between db objects and one or more containers in the which the objects actual data resides. A single table space can spam many containers but each container can belong to only one tablespace.
Two types of table spaces can exist: System managed space (SMS) table spaces and Databas
There are two ways to create a database i.e. by using create database wizard or CREATE DATABASE command. We will look the command method in this article:
CREATE [DATABASE | DB ] [DatabaseName]
DatabaseName - Identifies a unique name that is to be assigned to the database once it is created
The only value you must provide when executing thi
Whenever a new DB2 database is created, the following tasks are performed:
1. All directories and subdirectories needed are created in the appropriate location i.e. if no location is information is provided with the create database command, this directory tree is created in the dftdbpath DB2 database Manager configuration parameter. The root directory
Command to redirect the top output to a file.
top -b -p 12345 -d 10 >> /tmp/stg01_top
We can also redirect multiple pid output to a file in a single line command as below
top -b -p 12345,6789,9012 -d 10 >> /tmp/stg02_top
-b : Batch mode operation
top - display Linux tasks/process, cpu utilization, load average and memory utilization.
To check the swap memory occupied by a process or PID through top command.
Enter the top command and enter ShiftO (O is alphabet) to choose the various field available among the top command
Type p to select the SWAP
2) CREATE DIRECTORY STRUCTURES AS PER PFILE.
3) RMAN TARGET SYS/PASSWORD@TNSNAMES AUXILIARY /
ALLOCATE CHANNEL D1 DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT 'BACKUP LOCATION';
DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO NEW DB NAME;
If the user is having system administrator(SYSADMN) or System control (SYSCTRL) or SYSMAINT or SYSMON authority for a DB2 database server, you can find out who is using an instance or a database on that server by executing the LIST APPLICATIONS command.
where DATABASEALIAS - is the alias assigned to the database during the databa
Wrong Referrer 'http://localhost/Pligg%201.0.0%20RC4/admin/admin_config.php'.
This means the my_base_url value in the settings.php file is incorrect.
Follow the below steps